All sellers are anticipated to stick to the next insurance policies when itemizing merchandise on Amazon. Vendor offenses and prohibited content material can lead to suspension of your Amazon account.
Vendor code of conduct
This coverage requires that sellers act pretty and truthfully on Amazon to make sure a protected shopping for and promoting expertise. All sellers should:
- Present correct info to Amazon and our prospects always
- Act pretty and never misuse Amazon’s options or companies
- Not try to wreck or abuse one other Vendor, their listings or scores
- Not try to affect prospects’ scores, suggestions, and critiques
- Not ship unsolicited or inappropriate communications
- Not contact prospects besides by Purchaser-Vendor Messaging
- Not try to avoid the Amazon gross sales course of
- Not function a couple of promoting account on Amazon with no official enterprise want
Violating the Code of Conduct or every other Amazon insurance policies could lead to actions in opposition to your account, comparable to cancellation of listings, suspension or forfeiture of funds, and removing of promoting privileges. Extra particulars about these insurance policies are beneath.
It’s essential to present correct info to Amazon and our prospects, and replace the info if it adjustments. For instance, which means you should use a enterprise title that precisely identifies your enterprise and checklist your merchandise within the right class.
It’s essential to act pretty and lawfully and should not misuse any service supplied by Amazon. Examples of unfair actions embody:
- Offering deceptive or inappropriate info to Amazon or our prospects, comparable to by creating a number of element pages for a similar product or posting offensive product photos
- Manipulating gross sales rank (comparable to by accepting pretend orders or orders that you’ve paid for) or making claims about gross sales rank in product titles or descriptions
- Trying to extend the value of a product after an order is confirmed
- Artificially inflating net site visitors (utilizing bots or paying for clicks, for instance)
- Trying to wreck one other Vendor, their listings or scores
- Permitting different folks to behave in your behalf in a manner that violates Amazon’s insurance policies or your settlement with Amazon
Rankings, Suggestions, and Critiques
It’s possible you’ll not try to affect or inflate prospects’ scores, suggestions, and critiques. It’s possible you’ll request suggestions and critiques from your individual prospects in a impartial method, however could not:
- Pay for or supply an incentive (comparable to coupons or free merchandise) in trade for offering or eradicating suggestions or critiques
- Ask prospects to write down solely constructive critiques or ask them to take away or change a assessment
- Solicit critiques solely from prospects who had a constructive expertise
- Assessment your individual merchandise or a opponents’ merchandise
It’s possible you’ll not ship unsolicited or inappropriate messages. All communications to prospects have to be despatched by Purchaser-Vendor Messaging and be crucial for fulfilling the order or offering buyer companies. Advertising and marketing communications are prohibited.
In the event you obtain buyer info comparable to addresses or telephone numbers to satisfy orders, you could use that info solely to satisfy orders and should delete it after the order has been processed. It’s possible you’ll not use buyer info to contact prospects (besides by Purchaser-Vendor Messaging) or share it with any third-party.
Circumventing the Gross sales Course of
It’s possible you’ll not try to avoid the Amazon gross sales course of or divert Amazon prospects to a different web site. This implies that you could be not present hyperlinks or messages that immediate customers to go to any exterior web site or full a transaction elsewhere.
A number of Promoting Accounts on Amazon
It’s possible you’ll solely preserve one Vendor Central account for every area wherein you promote until you’ve a official enterprise have to open a second account and all your accounts are in good standing. If any of your accounts should not in good standing, we could deactivate all your promoting accounts till all accounts are in good standing.
Examples of a official enterprise justification embody:
- You personal a number of manufacturers and preserve separate companies for every
- You manufacture merchandise for 2 distinct and separate corporations
- You might be recruited for an Amazon program that requires separate accounts
Submitting Infringement Notices as an Agent or Model Safety Company
Amazon understands that many manufacturers could select to have model safety companies or brokers report mental property infringement on their behalf and accepts submissions from approved brokers. Nevertheless, Amazon doesn’t allow people with energetic promoting accounts to file infringement notices as an agent of a model when the submitting of these notices may benefit their very own promoting account (by eradicating competing listings, for instance). Any sellers submitting notices as an agent to learn their very own standing as a vendor could have their promoting account terminated.