Medi-Cal gives free or low-cost well being protection for California residents who meet eligibility necessities. Most candidates who apply via Lined California and enroll in Medi-Cal will obtain care via managed well being plans. Medi-Cal has at all times lined low-income youngsters, pregnant girls and households. On Jan. 1, 2014, California expanded Medi-Cal eligibility to incorporate low-income adults. While you full a Lined California software, your eligibility for Medi-Cal will robotically be decided.
APPLY FOR MEDI-CAL
You could apply for Medi-Cal on-line through C4Yourself®, in individual at your native places of work, through mail, over the telephone, or by fax.
The best and quickest strategy to apply for CalWORKs, CalFresh and/or Medi-Cal is on-line at www.C4Yourself.com®.
See Medi-Cal brochures for extra info on eligibility standards and necessities.
Can I get a health care provider referral or an inventory of suppliers?
We can not refer you to particular person suppliers. In San Bernardino County you’ll be required to pick out a managed care supplier comparable to Molina or the Inland Empire Well being Plan as your main care supplier.
Can I get assist from Medi-Cal with Medicare prices?
- If you’re entitled to or receiving Medicare, it’s possible you’ll be eligible to fee of your Medicare Half A and/or Half B premiums, deductibles, and co-insurance charges by making use of for the Medicare Financial savings Packages, even in case you are not receiving Medi-Cal. The Medicare Financial savings Packages are:
- Certified Medicare Beneficiary (QMB)
- Specified Low Earnings Medicare Beneficiary (SLMB)
- Qualifying Particular person (QI)
- Eligibility necessities embody property and revenue limits which can change yearly.
- You possibly can apply for the Medicare Financial savings Packages on-line (www.C4Yourself.com) or by coming in to considered one of our native places of work.
Do I’ve to pay for Medi-Cal?
You might have a share of price, much like a “Co-Cost”, for medical/dental therapy based mostly in your revenue and household dimension. When your supplier makes use of your Advantages Identification Card (BIC) to confirm your Medi-Cal eligibility, your supplier will know if Medi-Cal can pay for a medical/dental therapy or if it’s worthwhile to make a “Co-Cost” for any therapy.
I misplaced my Medi-Cal card, the place can I get one other card?
In the event you didn’t obtain your card, misplaced your card, your card was stolen, or the cardboard you acquired within the mail has the mistaken info on it, it’s possible you’ll name and ask for a Profit Identification Card (BIC) by contacting the Buyer Service Middle at 1-877-410-8829.
What does Medi-Cal cowl?
Medical, Dental, and Imaginative and prescient providers and a few prescriptions.
What if I’m disabled?
- To get Medi-Cal as a disabled individual, you should have extreme bodily and/or psychological downside(s) which can:
- Final a minimum of 12 months in a row and,
- Cease you from working throughout these 12 months, OR
- Presumably lead to loss of life.
- You could show your disabling bodily and/or psychological downside(s) with medical data, exams, and different medical findings. The medical downside have to be the primary motive why you don’t work.
What if I’m pregnant?
If you’re pregnant and can’t afford to pay for well being care and a few dental care, Medi-Cal might help pay for medical bills for you and your unborn. Many occasions you may get Medi-Cal without charge to you, even when you’ve got revenue
What if I’m denied for Medi-Cal, what different well being protection choices do I’ve?
Lined California is the medical insurance market place which serves as a one-stop store the place people and households acquire details about well being care choices. For info go to www.coveredca.com or name 888-975-1142.