Coronavirus Illness 2019 (also called COVID-19) is a respiratory sickness that may unfold from individual to individual.
What are the signs?
Individuals with COVID‐19 have had a variety of signs reported – starting from delicate signs to extreme sickness. Signs could seem 2‐14 days after publicity to the virus. The CDC has up to date its listing of signs, including six new attainable indicators. Individuals with these signs or combos of signs could have COVID‐19:
- Shortness of breath or issue respiratory
Or a minimum of two of those signs
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle ache
- Sore throat
- New lack of style or odor
How is it unfold?
- Contact with somebody with the virus who’s sneezing and/or coughing.
- Oblique contact from contaminated arms and objects dirty with nasal and throat secretions, resembling tissues.
How one can assist forestall the unfold of respiratory viruses resembling Coronavirus
- Keep dwelling when you’re sick.
- Cowl your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then discard in a trash.
- Keep away from shut contact with people who find themselves sick.
- Keep away from touching your eyes, nostril and mouth with unwashed arms.
- Wash your arms typically with cleaning soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that incorporates a minimum of 60% alcohol if cleaning soap and water should not out there.
- Clear and disinfect regularly touched objects and surfaces.
If in case you have any questions or issues, please contact your well being care supplier or the Florida Division of Well being in Escambia County at 850.595.6500 or Santa Rosa County at 850.983.5200.
Obtain our COVID-19 Data flyer