If in case you have signs of COVID-19 or have been in shut contact with somebody sick with COVID-19, you need to get examined.
When you suppose it’s essential get examined, full a web based well being screening evaluation, and a licensed well being practitioner will contact you.
- Contact your physician to ask in case your main well being care clinic is offering testing.
- Discover a local people testing website. Testing at these websites are supplied for gratis. Some areas could require a physician’s notice or appointment to obtain a check.
- At-home specimen assortment kits can be found for gratis to Wisconsinites, no matter signs or publicity.
When you wait in your COVID-19 check outcomes, proceed to take steps to maintain your self and others secure. Comply with suggestions to self-isolate and self-monitor with the intention to shield your self and your neighborhood from COVID-19.
You can be notified of your check outcomes by telephone or e-mail. If in case you have been ready for greater than 5 days in your outcomes from a neighborhood testing website, name the outcomes hotline at 1-866-419-6988.
When you had signs of COVID-19 and have since recovered, or if you happen to suppose you will have had it however didn’t present signs, you could possibly get an antibody check. Antibody checks won’t inform you if you happen to at the moment have COVID-19, however can let you understand if you happen to had it at a while prior to now.
Group testing websites usually are not offering antibody testing at the moment. If you need an antibody check, contact your well being care supplier to ask for one.
Antibody testing makes use of a blood pattern to search for proteins in your blood that assist battle an infection. Your physique produces these proteins, or antibodies, throughout and after an an infection. Testing your blood for antibodies can decide in case you have had COVID-19 at a while prior to now. Antibody testing shouldn’t be used to find out if you happen to at the moment have COVID-19.
No. Antibody testing just isn’t used to find out if you happen to at the moment have COVID-19. It may take one to 3 weeks in your physique to make antibodies to an an infection. This implies that you would be able to have COVID-19 with out having antibodies current in your blood. A special sort of testing that detects the virus instantly is used to diagnose COVID-19.
No. Antibody testing can decide whether or not antibodies are current in your blood. It can not decide in case you are proof against or protected against future COVID-19 an infection. It’s at the moment unknown if antibodies present safety or immunity in opposition to COVID-19.
Antibody testing shouldn’t be used to tell office selections, together with return-to-work or private protecting gear selections. Antibody testing can solely decide whether or not antibodies are current in your blood. We don’t know but whether or not having antibodies means that you’re proof against or protected against future COVID-19 an infection.
Antibody testing may be useful in a number of methods:
- Knowledge from antibody testing can assist researchers be taught extra about COVID-19, and perceive how many individuals have been contaminated, and the way the virus spreads, amongst different analysis questions.
- Antibody testing can help an experimental remedy for people who’re ailing with COVID-19, often called “convalescent plasma remedy.” People who find themselves recognized as having antibodies to COVID-19 can donate plasma, which is being studied as a remedy for folks with present COVID-19 an infection.
- Antibody testing can be utilized by scientists to evaluate the physique’s response to vaccines as they’re being developed.
Antibody testing can produce outcomes with assorted reliability. Whereas the Meals and Drug Administration (FDA) has accepted a number of antibody checks to be used, the CDC and different federal businesses are nonetheless evaluating the reliability of those checks.
Getting examined for COVID-19 is an effective way to handle your self and people round you. Nevertheless it’s necessary to acknowledge that COVID-19 doesn’t simply impression your bodily well being. Stress, anger, fear, and different sturdy feelings are a pure response to traumatic occasions just like the COVID-19 pandemic. Study wholesome methods to manage and the place to go for assist if you happen to really feel overwhelmed throughout this time.